On Saturday, November 4th, the Golden Gate Speech Association will be hosting a tournament at Monte Vista HS (3131 Stone Valley Rd, Danville, CA 94526).
• This tournament will offer Student Congress and Parliamentary Debate.
• There will be Varsity (A), Junior Varsity (B) and Novice (C) divisions in Parliamentary Debate, if entry sizes allow.
• There will be three rounds of debate in ALL DIVISIONS. (See "Schedule" tab for more information.)
• Arrive by 8:15 AM, with the first round to start before 9:00 AM. The final round usually starts around 2PM, with the awards ceremony immediately following its conclusion. Note: We will be attempting to get the first round of debate started as close to 9:00 as possible. Fifteen minutes after the round is posted, all late teams will forfeit their first round.
• Entry fees are $10 per Student Congress entry and $20 per Parliamentary Debate team.
• Food will be provided for the students for a fee. Coaches and judges will have food provided for them at no cost.
• Students will be expected to dress appropriately, ties and dress shoes for boys and modest skirts or pants-suits for girls. Students must show respect for the facility and each other.
• Every team must fulfill their judging requirement of one judge for every four Parli teams; one judge for every 15 Student Congress House entries; and one judge for every 5 Student Congress Senate entries.
• In addition to the judging requirement, every team must bring one adult -usually the coach- to assist with the running of the tournament.
AS ADOPTED AT OUR MAY 2013 COACHES MEETING, THE FOLLOWING ENTRY DEADLINES AND DROP FEES WILL NOW APPLY TO ALL GGSA TOURNAMENTS -- PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY!
• Entries must be received -- at this website -- by 5pm on Friday, October 27th, at which time entry fees will be assessed. All entries made by 5pm on Friday, October 27th will be admitted to the tournament, but late entries may be wait-listed.
• For drops that are made by 5pm on Wednesday, November 1st, schools will be credited 50% of the entry fee for those drops. No credits will be issued for drops made after 5pm on Wednesday, November 1st. Drops on the day of the tournament are frowned upon. Adds the day of the tournament are myths, like Bigfoot, alien abductions and that man from Nantucket.
• The tab room will require few people to run at full efficiency. Everyone else will be in judges.
See you there.
-Nick Abbott, GGSA Debate Director
-Dan Leahy, GGSA Parliamentary Debate Director
-Jesse Garrett, GGSA Student Congress Director