IMPORTANT -- ONLY THOSE SCHOOLS THAT HAVE PAID THEIR 2017-18 CHSSA AND GGSA DUES WILL BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE AT THIS TOURNAMENT.
On Saturday, February 3rd, the Golden Gate Speech Association will be hosting its third Lincoln Douglas and Parliamentary Debate tournament of the year at City College of San Francisco.
• The school is located at 50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112.
• This tournament will only offer Lincoln Douglas Debate and Parliamentary Debate.
• This tournament will NOT offer Student Congress, Public Forum Debate or Policy Debate. Instead, those events will be offered in January at our tournament at San Marin High School.
• There will be Varsity (A), Junior Varsity (B) and Novice (C) divisions in Lincoln Douglas Debate and Parliamentary Debate, if entry size permits.
• There will be three rounds of debate in all divisions.
• Arrive no later than 8:30 AM, with the first round to start before 9:00 AM. The final round usually starts around 2:30PM, with the awards ceremony immediately following its conclusion. Note: For debate events, 15 minutes after the round is posted, all late teams will forfeit their first round.
• Entry fees are $10 per Lincoln Douglas entry and $20 per Parliamentary Debate team.
• Food will be provided for the students for a fee. Coaches and judges will have food provided for them at no cost.
• Students will be expected to dress appropriately, ties and dress shoes for boys and modest skirts or pants-suits for girls. Students must show respect for the facility and each other.
• Every team must fulfill their judging requirement of one judge for every four Lincoln Douglas entries and one judge for every four Parliamentary Debate teams.
• In addition to the judging requirement, every team must bring one adult -- usually the coach -- to assist with the running of the tournament.
AS ADOPTED AT OUR MAY 2013 COACHES MEETING, THE FOLLOWING ENTRY DEADLINES AND DROP FEES WILL NOW APPLY TO ALL GGSA TOURNAMENTS -- PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY!
• Entries must be received -- at this website -- by 5pm on Friday, January 26th, at which time entry fees will be assessed. All entries made by 5pm on Friday, January 26th will be admitted to the tournament, but late entries may be wait-listed.
• For drops that are made by 5pm on Wednesday, January 31st, schools will be credited 50% of the entry fee for those drops. No credits will be issued for drops made after 5pm on Wednesday, January 31st. Drops on the day of the tournament are frowned upon. Adds the day of the tournament are myths, like Bigfoot, alien abductions and that man from Nantucket.
• The tab room will require few people to run at full efficiency. Everyone else will be in judges.
See you there.
Co-Directors of Debate
Golden Gate Speech Association