On Saturday, September 23th, 2017 the Golden Gate Speech Association will be hosting its first Congressional Debate Tournament of the year at Miramonte High School.
- The school is located at 750 Moraga Way, Orinda, CA 94563.
- This tournament will offer Student Congress ONLY.
- Arrive by 8:30 AM, with the first Congress session to start at 9:00 AM. Please see the tournament schedule for more information.
- Entry fees are $13 per Student Congress entry.
- Food will be provided for the students for a fee. Coaches and judges will have food provided for them at no cost.
- Students will be expected to dress appropriately, ties and dress shoes for boys and modest skirts or pants-suits for girls. Students must show respect for the facility and each other.
- Every team must fulfill their judging requirement of one judge for every 15 Student Congress/House entries and one for every 5 Student Congress/Senate entries.
- In addition to the judging requirement, every team must bring one adult -usually the coach- to assist with the running of the tournament.
AS ADOPTED AT OUR MAY 2013 COACHES MEETING, THE FOLLOWING ENTRY DEADLINES AND DROP FEES WILL NOW APPLY TO ALL GGSA TOURNAMENTS -- PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY!
• Entries must be received -- at this website -- by 5pm on Friday, September 15, at which time entry fees will be assessed. All entries made by 5pm on Friday, September 15 will be admitted to the tournament, but late entries may be wait-listed.
• For drops that are made by 5pm on Wednesday, September 20, schools will be credited 50% of the entry fee for those drops. No credits will be issued for drops made after 5pm on Wednesday, September 20. Drops on the day of the tournament are frowned upon. Adds the day of the tournament are myths, like that monster from Loch Ness, el Chupacabra, and frogs that only require a kiss…
- The tab room will require a few people to run at full efficiency. Everyone else will be in judges.
See you there!
Jesse D. Garrett
Director of Student Congress
Golden Gate Speech Association