MILLS HALLOWEEN FORENSICS TOURNAMENT
Friday-Saturday, October 27th and October 28th
Mills University Studies High School, Little Rock
OUR SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED, AS WELL AS WORLD SCHOOLS and CONGRESS LEGISLATION RULES!! CLICK ON THE TABS ABOVE!!!
The MOST FUN FORENSICS TOURNAMENT IN
ARKANSAS returns for its third straight year! We offer the
only forensics and debate competition where your
students (and you) can dress up in Halloween costumes –
coaches...this means you too!
We are improving this year's tournament to serve you better:
- Expansion of tournament to two days
- High entry events will be flighted separately
- More rooms will be available for rounds
- Registration and tabbing will be with Joy of Tournaments!
- New events have been added
- Special Pre-Awards Halloween events will return!!
- TAC Committee personnel will be on-site to address all judge/scoring issues
* Bring as many competitors as you wish, but we need you to bring an
available judge for every 8 IE competitors, and every 4 debaters, an
additional fee of $10 per slot will be assessed.
* Each individual entry requires a $10 fee and team entries are $20
* We cannot accept personal checks. We will accept cash or printed check from your school. Checks should be made out to Mills High School.
The following events will be offered at our tournament:
* IPDA Debate (Novice and Varsity) * Lincoln-Douglas
* Public Forum (Sat. Only) * World Schools Debate (Sat only)
* Novice Policy Debate * Big Questions Debate
* Congressional Debate (Sat Only)
* Prose * Poetry * Humorous Interpretation
* Dramatic Interpretation * Program of Oral Interpretation * Duo Interp
* Original Oratory
* Impromptu Halloween Storytelling * Halloween Costume Contest
* Halloween Improvised Duet Acting
Entry fee is $5 for a duo and $3 for solo
Costume contest is $3 per entry
A hospitality judges/coaches lounge and student concessions will be available throughout the tournament!
For travelers who need accommodations, we recommend
you arrive early Friday afternoon to check in. Here are the closest
hotels to our school:
Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr
Address: 3201 Bankhead Dr, Little Rock, AR 72206
Phone: (501) 490-1000
Days Inn & Suites Little Rock Airport -
Address: 3200 Bankhead Dr, Little Rock, AR 72206
Phone: (501) 490-2010
ALL LITTLE ROCK HOTELS
There have been changes to ACTAA event rules for the 2017-2018 school year. Be sure to go to www.actaa.net for event rules outlined by the ACTAA TAC and TOC committees.
Standards of Conduct for Students, Judges and Coaches
We hold your students best interest in our best interest. To give them the most safe, beneficial and empowering competitive experience, we ask that you and your students do the following:
- Refrain from excessively negative criticism of students, judges and coaches at all times, in rounds and in passing
- Any issues of student concerns of discrimination, unfairness, and/or bullying should be taken to the tournament director as soon as possible
- Every coach and judge, whether filing a complaint or the subject of one, has due process in addressing disagreements and conflicts, and are encouraged to fairly and professionally work with the director to address and settle it
- No tobacco, drug, alcohol possession or usage on Mills’ campus by anyone
- Follow all registration and entry guidelines listed on Joy of Tournaments
- All judges must read and sign an ACTAA judge's agreement and watch an informative video on judging a certain event.
- Competitors and judges must leave the competition room as clean or cleaner than how they found it
- Absolutely no audio/video recording of any round or event whatsoever
We look forward to your participation in this truly fun, enriching and rewarding event for your students!
Micah Qualls email@example.com
Mills Head Forensics Coach (501) 766-0992
Patrick Laxson firstname.lastname@example.org
Tab Room Supervisor
Debate Coach (501) 463-2677